Can you say “YES” to one of the following questions?
- Are you a business owner who just spent a ton of money on a new website but you are getting zero traffic and your webdesigner is telling you it’s not their problem?
- Are you a web developer/designer that knows that adding your clients sites to human edited business directories is an essential first step for good SEO?
If so, you’re in the right place.
The next step is to register your business with human-edited business directories.
The human-edited part is important because Google puts enormous value on links placed into directories that were put there by people and not by robots.
There are 4 steps in the process of adding your site to these Business Directories
- Choose the first directory to list your business with (start with #1 on my business directory list)
- As you fill in the boxes, save the bits you are typing into a text file
- This will save you from re-typing the same fields again and again
- The most common ones are: The name of your business, your web address, a brief description of your business, a longer description, a link to your Facebook page, your email address, your phone number, etc etc
- Keep going!
- Register with the top 5 in your first batch. They take 10 – 20 mins to fill in on average, so stick with it for an hour or 2 until you get there
- Get back to it as soon as you can. Your goal is to work through the entire list of the best directories
- Ignore any attempts these sites make at up-selling you to a paid listing. A free link is all you need for now.